Academic Advising | Registering for Courses | Financial Aid & Scholarships | Majors | Minors | Transfer Credits



  • Do I have to meet with my advisor?

Each enrolled student is assigned to an academic advisor with whom they should meet regularly. It is required that students meet with their advisors at least once per semester prior to registration.

  • Where can I meet my advisor? Do I have to make an advising appointment or can I just come in for a quick question?

The Office of Academic Advising is located in Room 504. You can schedule an advising appointment in Albert’s Student Center (see instructions here) or come to see us during the designated drop-in hours each weekday.

Back to Top


  • I am trying to register but I have a hold on my account. What does that mean and who can remove it?

The University blocks registration for students who are not in compliance with certain regulations (i.e., state immunization regulations, outstanding tuition balance, etc). Students may view all holds by checking the “Holds” tab in their Student Center on Albert. If a hold appears, click on “Details” and follow the instructions provided to resolve. Otherwise, you will not be able to register. If your hold reads “Advisor Clearance Hold”, this means you need to meet with your Academic Advisor.

  • Where can I obtain a transcript or verification that shows I am a full-time student?

Please see here for more details about obtaining enrollment verification and transcripts.

  • Can I register for more than 18 credits per semester?

Students in good academic standing may register for more than 18 points per term after their freshman year with the clearance of their academic advisor and approval of the Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs. Students on academic probation, however, who wish to register for more than 18 points per term must obtain the prior approval of the Academic Standards Committee, as must any other student wishing to register for more than 20 points. Students will be charged additional fees or tuition and books.

  • When is the deadline to drop or withdraw from class(es)?

For a calendar that includes academic deadlines, visit http://www.vallianatos.com/academics/calendar. This calendar contains information about various deadlines including the deadlines for dropping and/or withdrawing. 

If you are thinking of withdrawing from a class, talk with your instructor. New and unfamiliar material can feel intimidating for anyone. Study hard, seek tutoring that is available through the Academic Resource Center (ARC), and then assess—with your advisor’s and instructor’s help—whether you withdrawing from a course is the best decision for you. 

  • Can I take classes at other schools outside New York University?

Once admitted to NYUSH, students must take all courses on campus or during an approved study abroad semester at one of the University’s Global Academic Centers, including those they need or wish to take during the summer. Exceptions are granted only rarely and only for good academic reasons. Requests for a waiver should be made by submitting a petition to the NYUSH Committee on Academic Standards.

Back to Top


  • Where can I find information about financial aid & scholarships?

Please see here or email to shanghai.financial.support@nyu.edu.

Back to Top


  • When can I declare or change my major?

Students may declare a major prior to registration for the next semester if they are registered for enough credits in the current semester so that at the end of it they will have completed at least 32 credits (typically registering for fall of their second year). They must have a final grade of C, or current semester midterm grade of B, or higher in a designated prerequisite course for that major. Students who have earned 64 or more points must declare a major.

Each semester before registration for the next semester’s classes, the Office of Academic Advising will announce a designated window of time for you to declare or change your major by filling out an online form. 

  • How many credits do I need to graduate?

To be eligible for the bachelor's degree, students must complete 128 points with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0. Within these points, students must fulfill the requirements of both a major and the Core Curriculum. 

Back to Top


  • How many credits do I need to attain to obtain a minor?

Each minor track consists of at least four 4-point courses. Prerequisite and disciplinary requirements cause some minors to require more than four classes.

  • How can I declare a minor or drop a minor?

Students should request approval for a minor by completing the minor completion form.

You may drop the minor course of study up until Year Four. Switching to another minor program is the same as taking up a new minor. The consequences are that you may need to take some additional subjects to fulfill the requirements of the new minor

  • Will minors be posted on the diploma?

No, minors will only be recorded on transcripts.

  • What is the difference between a Global Network University Minor and a NYU Shanghai Minor?

The Global Network University (GNU) minor enables students to pursue a plan of study that brings together courses from more than one NYU department or program taught at a study away site. No more than one course from a NYU portal campus (i.e. Shanghai, New York, or Abu Dhabi) can be counted toward a GNU minor.

Back to Top


  • Does NYU Shanghai accept transfer credits?

No, credits earned at schools outside of NYU will not transfer to NYU Shanghai.

Back to Top

电脑访问:欧美av亚洲av国产制服 PC端 | 手机访问:欧美av亚洲av国产制服 手机端