Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, in order to align with the Shanghai authorities guidelines and cooperate with the school's pandemic prevention arrangements, the 2020 High School Academy has been officially canceled. The application and admission have been suspended.
If you would like to follow our updates in the future, please click Connect with Us and leave your contact information.
While we regret that we cannot offer the program this summer as planned, NYU is offering a variety of our summer programs online. Visit our Online High School Programs page for more information.
Offered in New York since 2012 and in Shanghai since 2016, the High School Academy is composed of a series of courses that allow students to explore a wide range of career options. Our one-week courses can be taken either individually or in combination for a broader experience that allows students to explore multiple complementary subjects. These courses also give high school students a competitive edge on their college applications by showing admissions officers that they have sought out study experiences that give them the knowledge and skills for success in a global academic world.
Please Note: Acceptance to and participation in the High School Academy program has no direct impact or influence on admission to NYU or to NYU Shanghai.
- Applicant must be a high school student who has completed the 9th grade
- Open to students who are citizens of Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan
- Open to students living in China with a foreign passport and valid Chinese residence permit
All class interactions will take place in English. Therefore, all students need to have a high intermediate level of English proficiency. Students who do not demonstrate this level of English in the classroom risk failure or dismissal from the program. Students should be able to:
- Use discussion skills to lead and participate in group projects and discussions in English
- Express their opinion both verbally and in written form in English
- Easily understand the main idea in messages, lectures, and presentations on a variety of topics related to personal interests and studies, and identify and understand some details
Ideal candidates will have a 3.0 (80% or equivalent) grade point average in their most recent year of school.
Interested in more information? Click here to connect with us!
NYUSPS at NYU Shanghai High School Academy